Monday, May 26, 2014

My Macbook to Print!!!

Well, today I am going to USE LINUX as my PRIMARY OS from now on. I have this Macbook Pro I bought for school. As most folks know Mac's are awesome machines. Mine was to, but at some point Apple changed something that broke my printer connectivity (HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One). I can print test pages for ever and a day, but try to print a document... Forget it. I have reloaded drivers, updated drivers, and tried all sorts of BS to make it work. I could print fine to this printer before. What broke it? Not sure, but the web is filled with folks who have had this same problem. Some fixed it, but the fixes did not work for me.
Ubuntu works fine. Never have a problem.
The Apple addicts will gasp... But, I don't need garage band. I don't need all of the other neat things a Mac can do. I just need the blasted POS to work. So, back to Linux as the primary laptop.

I have been using Ubuntu for several years along side the Mac. I guess the Mac gets set aside and data backed up.


Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment